Aerosmith's Steven Tyler's birthday is coming up. Didn't know that? True Aerosmith fans would berate you. Aerosmith is more than a band: it's kind of an American institution. Steven Tyler and his crew have been around for decades, and although they've made it clear they're hard rockers, they've managed to escape a lot of the controversy other bands pick up.
Of course, Steven Tyler is even bigger news right now because he's judging American Idol, and on his birthday it gives him all sorts of opportunities for fantastic, funny, and musical quotes. So if you love Aerosmith -- or music of any sort -- sit back and let Steven Tyler show you how to walk this way.
1. "If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing."
2. "You got a certain something. I can't put my finger on it right now, but it's got a lot of character."
3. "As good as I am, I'm nothing without my band."
4. "Great melody over great riffs is, to me, the secret of it all."
5. "I have to get inspired by something that touches my soul, or rocks my soul."
6. "And the things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those that got there first."
7. "I like to come up with the melodies, and I have a lot of ideas as far as structure goes."
8. "Nothing is ever a barometer. Nothing is ever for sure except that this band has been around forever."
9. "The band's never taken a year off. Last August we decided to take one, and three months in I was bored to tears."
10. "Life's a journey, not a destination."
For a hard core rocker, it turns out that Steven Tyler has some pretty profound things to say about music, the world, and life in general. Those of us who love Aerosmith probably already knew that -- and if you're just discovering the band, Steven Tyler's birthday is the perfect time to get to know him through some of his top quotes.
For more quotes related to music and musicians, check out the popular music quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.