Happy St. Patrick's Day! And if it's not March 17, well, the luck of the Irish to you anyway. Ireland holds a special place in American history, and Irish Americans have a real chance to celebrate their heritage with St. Patrick's Day.
Of course, this isn't a serious holiday -- it's much more about laughter and celebrations than solemnities and tears. So join in the spirit with these funny Irish quotes and celebrate St. Patrick's Day in style!
1. So, success attend St. Patrick's fist,
For he's a saint so clever;
Oh! he gave the snakes and toads a twist,
And bothered them forever!
- Henry Bennett
2. The Irish don't know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it.
3. The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scotts as a joke, but the Scotts haven't seen the joke yet.
4. St. Patrick -- one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish.
-Charles M. Madigan
5. A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.
6. It is better to spend money like there's no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there's no money!
7. We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English.
8. If it was raining soup, the Irish would go out with forks.
9. The list of Irish saints is past counting; but in it all no other figure is so human, friendly, and lovable as St. Patrick - who was an Irishman only by adoption.
- Stephen Gwynn
10. If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?
-Stanislaw J. Lec
11. If you're enough lucky to be Irish, you're lucky enough!
Even if you're not lucky enough to be Irish, you can experience a bit of the heart and soul of Ireland on St. Patrick's Day, when everyone's Irish, even if only for a few hours. Hopefully you got a chuckle out of these Irish quotes and sayings, and may your St. Patrick's Day be full of Irish luck and cheer!
For more funny quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.