You might not think of Winnie the Pooh quotes when you try to come up with famous sayings, but it's amazing the wisdom packed into that little bear. Sure, the Disney version had its moments -- but the real Winnie the Pooh comes from A. A. Milne's famous children's books, and that Pooh bear is chock full of wit and wisdom.
At their heart, the Pooh books are all about friendship: the friendship between a boy and his bear, and the relationships between all of the friends in the Hundred Acre Woods. If you've never enjoyed the Winnie the Pooh books, these quotes should convince you that they're even better than the animated movies!
1. "There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you."
2. "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."
3. "You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
4. "Promise me you'll never forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave."
5. "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words, like 'What about lunch?'"
6. "Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon."
7. "I wonder what Piglet is doing, thought Pooh. I wish I was there to be doing it too."
8. "Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it."
9. "You can't help respecting someone who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right, but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling TUESDAY simply doesn't count."
10. "Just because an animal is large doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness."
11. "It gets you nowhere if the second person's tail is only just in sight for the second part of the conversation."
As you can see, there's a lot to this bear with very little brains. Whether you love the Disney cartoons or adore A. A. Milne's classic stories, you can't help but smile at these friendship quotes. Who would have thought a boy and his stuffed bear had the key to friendship? These Winnie the Pooh quotes tell us everything we need to know!
For more friendship quotes, check out the popular friendship quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.