Every year we resolve to be better people, to put those bad habits behind us and aspire to be the best people we can be. Let's make that happen in 2011! Stick to those resolutions and hopes for the New Year. Let these New Year quotes remain a guide for you all year long.
1. "I have the opportunity. Once more to right some wrongs. To pray for peace, to plant a tree. And sing more joyful songs!" ~William Arthur Ward
2. "An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." ~Bill Vaughn
3. "We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
4. "Many years ago I resolved never to bother with New Year's resolutions, and I've stuck with it ever since." ~Dave Beard
5. "For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice." ~T.S. Lovejoy
6. "People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas." ~Anonymous
7. "Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true." ~Alfred, Lloyd Tennyson
8. "Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go." ~Brooks Atkinson
10. "Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man." ~Benjamin Franklin
11. "Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us." ~Hal Borland
12. "The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months! " ~Edward Payson Powell
So leave those transgressions and sad moments of 2010... well in 2010! Bring hope and all the good moments from 2010 with you into the New Year. These New Year quotes are sure to inspire you to begin January 1 anew. And refocus on the positive. Happy 2011 from those of us here at Famous-Quotes-and-Quotations!
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.