Louis Pasteur was born December 27, 1882. And the whole world gained a valuable friend. He started research into germ theory of disease... and well... we all get milk that is safe to drink! So check out these milk quotes and celebrate an exciting medical breakthrough.
1. "Opie, you haven't finished your milk. We can't put it back in the cow, you know." ~Aunt Bee
2. "He who distributes the milk of human kindness cannot help but spill a little on himself"." ~J.M Barrie
3. "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." ~Woody Allen
4. "Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap." ~Robert Fuhlghum
5. "You should respect each other and refrain from disputes; you should not, like water and oil, repel each other, but should, like milk and water, mingle together." ~Buddha
6. "Don't cry over spilled milk." ~American Proverb
7. "Parties who want milk should not seat themselves on a stool in the middle of the field in hope that the cow will back up to them." ~Elbert Hubbard
8. "I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial." ~Thomas Jefferson
9. "Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow." ~Woody Guthrie
10. "Judiciously show a cat milk, if you wish her to thirst for it. Judiciously show a dog his natural prey, if you wish him to bring it down one day." ~Charles Dickens
11. "You can milk a cow the wrong way once and still be a farmer, but vote the wrong way on a water tower and you can be in trouble." ~John F. Kennedy
12. "There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies." ~Winston Churchill
So did you occupy this serving of famous milk quotes with a cool glass of the white stuff and a side of cookies? You can silently thank Louis Pasteur for that safe and tasty treat.
For more famous quotes, check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.