Throughout the world, St. Nicholas Day is celebrated on December 6th. In America this means young children set out their shoes. Which are then filled with treats for the morning on St. Nicholas Day. In Europe, particularly in The Netherlands, Sinterklass (or Santa Claus) comes on December 5th eve in celebration of St. Nicholas Day.
Our modern understanding of Santa Claus seems rooted in the historical retelling of Saint Nicholas' story. So put your shoes out on December 5th and check out some Santa quotes to gear up for our jolly old delivery!
1. "You better watch out. You better not cry. Better not pout, I'm telling you why... Santa Claus is coming to town." ~Haven Gillespie
2. "I think we have to believe in things we don't see. That's really important for all of us, whether it's your religion or Santa Claus, or whatever. That's pretty much what it's about." ~James Caan
3. "A bundle of toys he had flung on his back, and he looked like a peddler just opening his pack. His eyes -- how they twinkled! His dimples how merry! His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!" ~Clement Clarke Moore
4. "Believe in love. Believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Clause. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams. If you don't, who will?" ~Jon Bon Jovi
5. "But what would happen if we all tried to be like Santa and learned to give as only he can give: of ourselves, our talents, our love and our hearts? Maybe we could all learn Santa's beautiful lesson and maybe there would finally be peace on Earth and good will toward men." ~Narrator, Santa Claus is Coming to Town
6. "Whenever you give someone a present or sing a holiday song, you're helping Santa Claus. To me, that's what Christmas is all about. Helping Santa Claus!" ~Louis Sachar
7. "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus!" ~Francis P. Church
8. "Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to. Don't you see? It's not just Kris that's on trial, it's everything he stands for. It's kindness and joy and love and all the other intangibles." ~Miracle on 34th Street
9. "Then there would be millions of disappointed children around the world. You see, children hold the spirit of Christmas within their hearts. You don't wanna be responsible for killing the spirit of Christmas, now would you... Santa?" ~The Santa Clause
10. "Santa! Oh My God! Santa's Coming! I Know Him! I Know Him!" ~Buddy the Elf
Gearing up for Christmas now? Well, get the kids even more excited by giving them a preview of Christmas Eve by making St. Nicholas celebrations a tradition in your home. Share these Santa quotes too!
For more famous quotes, check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.