It's not just the trees and decorations in the store... the holiday season is upon us. Starting soon with Thanksgiving and quickly following a month later with Christmas. It's never too early to start thinking about the Christmas season. Enjoy these holiday movie quotes to get you in the spirit of the season.
1. "Dear Lord, we realize that lately, everything's been changing too darn fast. And all sorts of things are always the same, even if we hate it -- like shoveling the turkey and stuffing the snow." ~Home for the Holidays
2. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go baste the turkey and hide the kitchen knives." ~The House of Yes
3. "A thought about Thanksgiving Day: "Once, there was this day... this one day when... everyone realized they needed each other." ~Pieces of April
4. "Those early Pilgrims were thankful for what had happened to them, and we should be thankful, too. We should just be thankful for being together. I think that's what they mean by 'Thanksgiving'... " ~A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
5. "It's not just Kris that's on trial, it's everything he stands for. It's kindness and joy and love and all the other intangibles." ~Miracle on 34th Street
6. "His wealth is quite useless to him, really. He doesn't do any good with it; he doesn't even make himself comfortable with it." ~A Christmas Carol
7. "Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl." ~A Christmas Story
8. "I'm glad he took our presents. You can't hurt Christmas, Mr. Mayor, because it isn't about the... the gifts or the contest or the fancy lights. That's what Cindy's been trying to tell everyone... and me. I don't need anything more for Christmas than this right here: my family." ~How the Grinch Stole Christmas
9. "This is *Christmas*. The season of perpetual hope. And I don't care if I have to get out on your runway and hitchhike. If it costs me everything I own, if I have to sell my soul to the devil himself, I am going to get home to my son." ~Home Alone
10. "Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?" ~It's a Wonderful Life
I can't wait for the look on my childrens' faces as they make their Christmas wish lists this year. But everything seems to come out early these days. Let's just focus on the holiday season this Thanksgiving, and take it all one day at a time. These classic holiday movie quotes are a great start!
For more quotes related to movies, check out the popular movie quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.