Thanksgiving is an American holiday reminding us to give thanks where it's due. The story is the Pilgrims and the Indians sat down to a feast of Thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest and shared food. Presently, we thank our family and friends for their generosity and kindness. Enjoy your feasts, friends and families this November 25th. And be inspired with these Thanksgiving quotes.
1. "To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven." ~Johannes A. Gaertner
2. "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
3. "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, and confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend." ~Melody Beattie
4. "If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice." ~Meister Eckhart
5. "Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse." ~Henry Van Dyke
6. "It's like being at the kids' table at Thanksgiving - you can put your elbows on it, you don't have to talk politics... no matter how old I get, there's always a part of me that's sitting there." ~John Hughes
7. "To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do." ~Victor Hugo
8. "Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds." ~Theodore Roosevelt
9. "Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude." ~E.P. Powell
10. "Nothing purchased can come close to the renewed sense of gratitude for having family and friends." ~Courtland Milloy
Are you heading to a parent or grandparents' house this Thanksgiving? Maybe you're far from home and have been invited to share the feast with friends. Wherever you may be, may these Thanksgiving quotes fill your heart with the spirit of the holiday.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.