One man turned Peace Day into his own grass roots, non-governmental and non-politically backed day. His only requirement in sharing with this day is to spend November 17 focused on, praying for, and meditating on peace. So here are some more quotes about peace to set you on the right path this November 17th.
1. "If one person changes they teach others by example, who in turn change and teach more, one person becomes as a pebble rolling down a mountain, picking up more pebbles as it continues, becoming an avalanche of change." ~Don Morris
2. "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. "Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." ~Buddha
4. "Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away." ~Robert Fulgham
5. "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." ~Jimi Hendrix
6. "I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace." ~Helen Keller
7. "Lead me from death to life, from falsehood to truth; Lead me from despair to hope, from fear to trust; Lead me from hate to love, from war to peace; Let peace fill our heart, our world, our universe." ~Satish Kumar
8. "All we are saying is give peace a chance." ~John Lennon
9. "Peace will not come out of a clash of arms but out of justice lived and done by unarmed nations in the face of odds." ~Mahatma Ghandi
10. "Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures." ~John F. Kennedy
11. "There can never be peace between nations until there is first known that true peace which is within the souls of men." ~Black Elk
12. "It is easier to lead men to combat, stirring up their passion, than to restrain them and direct them toward the patient labor of peace." ~Andre Gide
Do you strive for peace? In your homes, in your relationships and in your community are you a symbol of peace? Peace.org encourages you to do just that every day, but especially on November 17th. The call is for you to drive with your headlights on or leave folded paper cranes (an origami symbol of peace) around your neighborhoods. Whatever you choose to do, do it peacefully. And reflect on these 12 special quotes about peace.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.