Every November 3rd is National Housewife Day. Well... as this term seems a bit "antiquated" and makes me think of the 1950's, we here at Famous Quotes and Quotations wanted to take the holiday a step further and celebrate working housewives and stay-at-home moms with another installment of quotes about moms. Mom can always use an extra day of thanks for all they do.
1. "To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. ~Maya Angelou
2. "When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk you'll end up as the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso." ~Pablo Picasso
3. "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." ~Honore' de Balzac
4. "If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been." ~Robert Brault
5. "A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~Tenneva Jordan
6. "Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don't want them to become politicians in the process." ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
7. "Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world." ~Kate Douglas Wiggin
8. "Youth fades, love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; a mother's secret hope outlives them all." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
9. "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." ~Agatha Christie
10. "By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class." ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh
11. "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." ~Abraham Lincoln
12. "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
So go ahead and lighten the load for your special mom or mom of your children this November 3rd. Buy some flowers, drop a load of laundry in the wash or make her dinner. And by all means send her a sweet letter using one of these quotes about moms for inspiration.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.