Sally Field. A small screen and film icon crossing several generations. Maybe you first got to know her smile in Gidget or The Flying Nun. Or maybe you were amazed by her portrayal of Sybil, a TV movie about a woman suffering from Disassociate Identity Disorder. And later in the 1980's who didn't suffer with her as the mother of a dying young woman in Steel Magnolias?
So check out some of these Sally Field quotes in honor of her 64th birthday.
1. "When you're old, you are more certain of who you are, and that may be a good thing or a bad thing."
2. "I came from a real working-class show business family."
3. "I'm so vigorous, and I so take it for granted, because I've always been a real physical person."
4. "I can't deny the fact that you like me! You like me!"
5. "I have never been beautiful in cliche terms."
6. "Change is never easy."
7. "I was raised to sense what someone wanted me to be and be that kind of person. It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes."
8. "But there isn't any second half of myself waiting to plug in and make me whole. It's there. I'm already whole."
9. "I never really address myself to any image anybody has of me. That's like fighting with ghosts."
10. "I really have no ulterior motive in taking on certain roles. I have no larger issue that I really want to show people. I'm an actor, that's all. I just do what I do."
11. "I think that's very sad, that I haven't allowed my heart to be broken. I have broken a few."
12. "I would take plays and I would cut out all the other dialogue and make long monologues because I felt the other kids weren't taking it as seriously as I did."
13. "If I hadn't fought back, I might have been Gidget forever."
14. "My last son is leaving to go to college; my grandchildren are being born. My mother is living with me."
15. "You lose your habitual behavior, which allowed you to sort of zone out. You have to be here, you have to be now, you have to be present."
16. "I've never been an actor who goes and really gets off on being nuts and never gets out of it. There would be times when I would be crying for hours and hours and hours, but mostly they were in and out of the picture. There were times to go hide and times to come out and play."
Sally Field is a pioneer among women actresses. She has a love for her craft since the time she was a young girl and still graces our screens today. Who can ever forget her as Forrest Gump's Mama? After all "life is a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gonna get." Celebrate this timeless actress with these Sally Field quotes.
For more success quotes, check out the popular success quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.