It's that time of year again. Whether dressing up the kiddos in their favorite costumes, or renting a pile of scary movies to get you through the night. It's time for the chills and frights of Halloween night. Here are some creepy and scary Halloween quotes to get you in the mood.
1. "Tis now the very witching time of night, When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out Contagion to this world." ~William Shakespeare
2. "A house is never still in darkness to those who listen intently; there is a whispering in distant chambers, an unearthly hand presses the snib of the window, the latch rises. Ghosts were created when the first man awoke in the night." ~J.M. Barrie
3. "Where there is no imagination there is no horror." ~Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.
4. "Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, Voices whisper in the trees, 'Tonight is Halloween!'" ~Dexter Kozen
5. "I met this six year old child with this blind, pail, emotionless face and the blackest eyes. The devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him. And then, another seven trying to keep him locked up, because I realized that what was living behind that boys eyes, was purely and simply... evil." ~ Halloween
6. "When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, May luck be yours on Halloween." ~Author Unknown
7. "There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~Joseph Conrad
8. "On Halloween, witches come true; Wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park...." ~Nicholas Gordon
9. "Nothing on Earth (is) so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night." ~Steve Almond
10. "One, two. Freddie's calling for you. Three, four. Better lock your door. Five, six. Grab your crucifix. Seven, eight. Gonna stay up late. Nine, ten. Never sleep again." ~ Nightmare on Elm Street
11. "One need not be a chamber to be haunted. One need not be a house. The brain has corridors surpassing material place." ~ Emily Dickinson
12. "The witches fly Across the sky, The owls go, "Who? Who? Who?" The black cats yowl And green ghosts howl, "Scary Halloween to you!" ~ Nina Willis Walter
How is Halloween gearing up for you this year? Have your costumes picked out? Bought your "treats" so no one "tricks" you? Whatever the plans have a safe and happy evening... Hope these Halloween quotes gave you just the right tingle up your spine.
For more famous quotes, check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.