The World Health Organization spends 2 weeks throughout October dedicated to respiratory health. Involving schools, hospitals, nurses and physicians there's a day dedicated to the health of the lung. So take a deep breath and settle in for some quotes about breathing.
1. "Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." ~Harper Lee
2. "But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
3. "But with exquisite breathing you smile, with satisfaction of love, And I touch you again as you tick in the silence and settle in sleep." ~Karl Shapiro
4. "Prayer is as natural an expression of faith as breathing is of life." ~Jonathan Edwards
5. "I am always the better for open-air breathing, and was certainly meant for the wandering life of the Indian." ~Maria Mitchell
6. "I'm really fascinated and you know I've been wondering about that usage of language, various breathing techniques and why in these practices language is being used in another way." ~Kathy Acker
7. "I've got to keep breathing. It'll be my worst business mistake if I don't." ~Steve Martin
8. "After all, at end of the day, when you're breathing your last, it's not your producer, director, or cast mates by your bedside; it's your children. Keep that in mind." ~John Ratzenberger
9. "One way to break up any kind of tension is good deep breathing." ~Byron Nelson
10. "Repetition is based on body rhythms, so we identify with the heartbeat, or with walking, or with breathing." ~Karlheinz Stockhausen
11. "The air of ideas is the only air worth breathing." ~Edith Wharton
12. "The noise resembles the roar of heavy, distant surf. Standing on the stirring ice one can imagine it is disturbed by the breathing and tossing of a mighty giant below." ~Ernest Shackleton
13. "Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies." ~Erich Fromm
14. "Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again." ~L. Frank Baum
So did you breathe? Take a few minutes to do so. Keep your shoulders still and suck in air. In through your nose. Out through your mouth. Fill those lungs up tight and release. Spend 5 minutes breathing this way and you will feel relaxed. This amazing part of our body can do so much. Hope these quotes about breathing helped you relax and celebrate your body today.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.