Do you know what a "Mulligan" is? Well, it's a golf term meaning, "I'll take a Mulligan" or a "do over". So of course someone was enterprising enough to create a holiday in honor of the Mulligan. So here's to getting a chance to fix your mistakes and request a "do over". Check out these quotes about mistakes to help you do just that on October 24th.
1. "A man's errors are his portals of discovery." ~James Joyce
2. "I think we all wish we could erase some dark times in our lives. But all of life's experiences, bad and good, make you who you are. Erasing any of life's experiences would be a great mistake." ~Luis Miguel
3. "Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave." ~Mary Tyler Moore
4. "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." ~Douglas Adams
5. "If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." ~Mary Pickford
6. "It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character." ~Dale E. Turner
7. "Learn from the mistakes of others-you can never live long enough to make them all yourself." ~John Luther
8. "Don't take 'no' for an answer, never submit to failure. Do not be fobbed off with mere personal success or acceptance. You will make all kinds of mistakes, but as long as you are generous and true, and also fierce, you cannot hurt the world..." ~Winston Churchill
9. "If I had my life to live over again, I'd dare to make more mistakes the next time" ~Nadine Stair
10. "To err is human, to repent divine, to persist devilish" ~Benjamin Franklin
11. "It is very easy to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit and gumption to forgive them for having witnessed your own." ~Jessamyn West
12. "Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life." ~Sophia Loren
So have you figured out what you'd like to do over yet? Use October 24th to make that chance happen. Hope these quotes about mistakes give you a head start on your second chance to make things right!
For more famous quotes, check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.