This year's World Teachers' Day theme is "Recovery Begins with Teachers". Whether the world earthquake tragedies of Haiti or China affected you in the past year, or your country suffers from the global economic crisis, the committee for this year's World Teacher Day on October 5th encourages teachers to maintain a responsibility to the world's population of young minds. It begins in the classrooms of today's youth to be the world leaders for tomorrow.
So here's to a reawakening of young minds! Celebrate your favorite teacher October 5th with these quotes about teaching.
1. "Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand." ~Chinese Proverb
2. "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." ~William Arthur Ward
3. "You are rewarding a teacher poorly if you remain always a pupil." ~Friedrich Nietzsche
4. "The difference between good teachers and great teachers is that great teachers have mastered the art of teaching people things they didn't know they needed to learn." ~Jeff Wahl
5. "A master can tell you what he expects of you. A teacher, though, awakens your own expectations." ~Patricia Neal
6. "There are three things to remember when teaching: know your stuff; know whom you are stuffing; and then stuff them elegantly." ~Lola May
7. "Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty." ~Albert Einstein
8. "The greatest sign of success for a teacher... is to be able to say, 'The children are now working as if I did not exist.'" ~Maria Montessori
9. "The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind." ~Khalil Gibran
10. "I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." ~John Steinbeck
11. "Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar." ~Bradley Millar
12. "Teachers who educate children deserve more honor than parents who merely gave birth; for bare life is furnished by the one, the other ensures a good life." ~Aristotle
There's nothing better than meeting a dynamic inspirational teacher! I remember my favorites and plan to drop them a quick note of thanks this October 5th. These quotes about teaching inspired me.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.