As the granddaughter of a Chicago Fire Department Chief, I have an innate respect for the men and women who put their lives on the line every day and every night. September 11, 2001 gave most Americans this same respect for these men and women. So let's remember our fallen heroes this October 2, 2010 weekend for National Fallen Firefighters Memorial weekend. Join us celebrating them with these quotes about firefighters.
1. "All men are created equal, then a few become firemen." ~Author Unknown
2. "The funny thing about firemen is, night and day, they are always firemen." ~Gregory Widen
3. "When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work." ~Chief Edward F. Croker
4. "Firefighters are indispensable foot soldiers here at home." ~Christopher Dodd
5. "I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine." ~Kurt Vonnegut
6. "Firemen: your worst day is our everyday." ~Michael Perry
7. "But sound aloud the praises, and give the victor-crown. To our noble-hearted Firemen, who fear not danger's frown." ~Frederic G.W. Fenn
8. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." ~Bible, John 15:13
9. "Every firefighter knows that he is always susceptible to this type of tragedy. They go to work every day knowing that they are doing something so positive, that people really respect them and appreciate them." ~ Thomas Von Essen
10. "Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved." ~Susan Diane Murphree
11. "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. Under the impulse of such thoughts, the nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to deeds of daring, even of supreme sacrifice." ~Chief Edward F. Croker
12. Being a firefighter is as close as you get to being a modern day soldier in your home country. ~ Tom Dawson
We are so proud of our hardworking men and women who wait day and night for that call to save a life. Even if it means losing his own. We remember and we celebrate your heroics with these quotes about firefighters.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.