Being a good neighbor is the cornerstone of creating a happy community. So take a walk this September 28th, National Good Neighbor Day. Welcome a new neighbor, help with some yard work, or just lend a caring ear. You make just make a new and dear friend in the process. Check out these quotes about neighbors today.
1. "Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every New Year find you a better man." ~Benjamin Franklin
2. "I have also learned why people work so hard to succeed: It is because they envy the things their neighbors have. But it is useless. It is like chasing the wind...It is better to have only a little, with peace of mind, than be busy all the time with both hands, trying to catch the wind." ~Ecclesiastes
3. "A good neighbor is a fellow who smiles at you over the back fence, but doesn't climb over it." ~Arthur Baer
4. "Your neighbor's vision is as true for him as your own vision is true for you." ~Miguel de Unamuno
5. "Sometimes a neighbor whom we have disliked a lifetime for his arrogance and conceit lets fall a single commonplace remark that shows us another side, another man really; a man uncertain, puzzled and in the dark like ourselves." ~Willa Cather
6. "Through our own recovered innocence we discern the innocence of our neighbors." ~Henry David Thoreau
7. "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough." ~Abraham Lincoln
8. "It is through this mysterious power that we too have our being, and we therefore yield to our neighbors, even to our animal neighbors, the same right as ourselves to inhabit this vast land." ~Sitting Bull
9. "People have discovered that they can fool the devil; but they can't fool the neighbors." ~Francis Bacon
10. "The duty of helping one's self in the highest sense involves the helping of one's neighbors." ~Samuel Smiles
11. "We should learn to live and love our neighbors as ourselves for the sake of peace and progress." ~David McCallum
12. "If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." ~Fred Rogers
Getting to know the people sharing your yard is always a good thing. Reward yourself this National Good Neighbor Day by being a good neighbor. Hope these quotes about neighbors give you a head start!
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.