Once I discovered a Pregnant Women's Day on the holiday calendar, I knew this was a cause for celebration. So being pregnant. It involves heartburn, sleepless nights and constant worry. All are just preparation for the rest of your life once you become a mom. So in honor of the delicate state of "pre-motherhood" enjoy these pregnancy quotes.
1. "A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die." ~Mary Mason
2. "A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside... when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone." ~Author Unknown
3. "Before you were born I carried you under my heart. From the moment you arrived in this world until the moment I leave it, I will always carry you in my heart." ~Mandy Harrison
4. "Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother's Love." ~Maureen Hawkins
5. "Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone
6. "To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and undoubtedly inhabited." ~Anne Buchanan & Debra Klingsporn
7. "The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." ~Jill Churchill
8. "A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother's love." ~Thomas C. Halliburton
9. "God's interest in the human race is nowhere better evinced than in obstetrics." ~Martin H. Fischer
10. "Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born." ~George Bernard Shaw
11. "There is only one pretty child in the world and every mother has it." ~Chinese Proverb
12. "I begin to love this creature, and to anticipate her birth as a fresh twist to a knot, which I do not wish to untie." ~Mary Wollstonecraft
Remember those first fingertip butterflies around 18 weeks? Those turned into hearty kicks and thumps from the inside out. The sore backs, the inability to sleep comfortably, weird cravings for pickles and peanut butter are all signs that your babe is coming.
And it's such an amazing gift women receive. So here's to all my pregnant ladies! Wishing you a safe and healthy delivery of the most precious package of your life. These pregnancy quotes are for you.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.