Labor Day provides a holiday to take a day off work and put your feet up. But for most of us... it's that last, long summer weekend. So instead of harping on work this Labor Day, let's enjoy the coolness in the air. Feel refreshed opening the windows at night again. Celebrate this Labor Day getting ready for autumn with these quotes for fall.
1. "Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower." ~Albert Camus
2. "My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane." ~Robert Frost
3. "Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees." ~Faith Baldwin
4. "He is outside of everything, and alien everywhere. He is an aesthetic solitary. His beautiful, light imagination is the wing that on the autumn evening just brushes the dusky window." ~Henry James
5. "There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!" ~Percy Shelley
6. "I trust in nature for the stable laws of beauty and utility. Spring shall plant and autumn garner to the end of time." ~Robert Browning
7. "Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy." ~Ralph Ransom
8. "I inherited that calm from my father, who was a farmer. You sow, you wait for good or bad weather, you harvest, but working is something you always need to do." ~Miguel Indurain
9. "I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
10. "Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." ~George Eliot
11. "A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made. The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air." ~Eric Sloane
12. "Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." ~Stanley Horowitz
There's only so much heat and humidity a person can take! I love the day the a/c gets turned off and the windows get thrown up. So feel refreshed this Labor Day and let the cool air breeze into your house. Get ready for autumn's beauty and start with these quotes for fall.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.