Whether you camp out in the living room or backyard, it's essential to have marshmallows on hand for making toasted marshmallows. So sit back and enjoy these quotes about camping. Then go outside and have a perfect campout August 30th in celebration of National Toasted Marshmallow Day. Throw in some chocolate bars and graham crackers for s'more fun!
1. "The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter, and is about as ample at one season as at another. It is as well for cheerfulness as for warmth and dryness." ~Henry David Thoreau
2. "It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent." ~Dave Barry
3. "I was a Scout years ago, before the movement started, when my father took me fishing, camping and hunting. Then I was sorry that more girls could not have what I had. When I learned of the movement, I thought, here is what I always wanted other girls to have." ~Lou Henry Hoover
4. "Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." ~George Carlin
5. "How is it that one match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to start a campfire?" ~Christy Whitehead
6. "Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." ~Garrison Keillor
7. "Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think." ~Jack Handy
8. "It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever." ~Jimmy Carter
9. "Another thing I like to do is sit back and take in nature. To look at the birds, listen to their singing, go hiking, camping and jogging and running, walking along the beach, playing games and sometimes being alone with the great outdoors. It's very special to me." ~Larry Wilcox
10. "I, more or less, love camping out, so I dug it, but I didn't enjoy other people's pain." ~Casper Van Dien
11. "We now no longer camp as for a night, but have settled down on earth and forgotten heaven." ~Henry David Thoreau
Who cares how it got started or why. National Toasted Marshmallow Day is just one of those simple holidays we just get to love. And our taste buds get to too! Hope these quotes about camping inspired you to set the date and set up a tent.
For more famous quotes, check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.