In 1994, a bill was signed into law recognizing the 4th Sunday of July as "Parent Day". Some say the motivation behind this holiday was to celebrate both parents in conjunction with the traditional Father and Mother's Day holidays. Whatever the reason, we're excited to share some awesome parenting quotes to help moms and dads share the bond they have together in raising some great kids.
1. "Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories." ~John Wilmot
2. "Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them." ~P. J. O'Rourke
3. "You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." ~William D. Tammeus
4. "If I had my child to raise over again. I'd build self-esteem first and the house later. I'd finger paint more and point the finger less." ~Diane Loomans
5. "While we try to teach our children all about life. Our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt
6. "Always kiss your children goodnight - even if they're already asleep." ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
7. "It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still differentiate between a time for learning and a time for play without seeing the vital connection between them." ~Leo F. Buscaglia
8. "The truth is that parents are not really interested in justice. They just want quiet." ~Bill Cosby
9. "If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings." ~Brian Tracy
10. "The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day." ~Orlando A. Battista
11. "If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people." ~Thich Nhat Hanh
12. "The joys of parents are secret, and so are their griefs and fears: they cannot utter the one, nor will they utter the other." ~Francis Bacon
So make sure you leave a copy of this installment of Famous Quotes and Quotations out for your children to read so they make sure to make you both breakfast in bed this July 25th. Parenting quotes always inspire me to continue to do the best job I can as a parent. Hope they motivate you too this year!
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.