Gorgeous Grandmas is a group started by Alice Solomon, an author, columnist and radio host. She felt her generation of tough, exciting, thriving and enthusiastic women lose steam in the general public when moving into their 50's. She found this terribly unfair to these stunning women. So Gorgeous Grandmas was born. The goal of Gorgeous Grandmas is to "empower women to age with style". So we'll show our support for this July 24th holiday with quotes about grandmothers.
1. "A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do. " ~Lois Wyse
2. "Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete." ~Marcy DeMaree
3. "Grandmas don't just say "that's nice" -- they reel back and roll their eyes and throw up their hands and smile. You get your money's worth out of grandmas." ~Anonymous
4. "If your baby is "beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time," you're the grandma." ~Teresa Bloomingdale
5. "It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace." ~Christopher Morley
6. "We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me." ~Phyllis Theroux
7. "The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy." ~Sam Levenson
8. "Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends." ~Allan Frome
9. "Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children." ~Alex Haley
10. "Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric." ~Pam Brown
11. "Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love." ~Anonymous
12. "What is it about grandparents that is so lovely? I'd like to say that grandparents are God's gifts to children. And if they can but see, hear and feel what these people have to give, they can mature at a fast rate." ~Bill Cosby
Ms. Solomon is yet another pioneering woman of this generation of women born and raised in the 1940 and 1950's. These women have exciting histories. They broke into the work force throughout the 60's, 70's and 80's. And now they embrace their grandmother status and break new ground demonstrating a "new" sassy, stylish and ambitious grandmother for future generations of women. Hope these quotes about Grandmothers remind you to take a moment and cherish yours this July 24th in honor of your Gorgeous Grandma.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.