A generation of us grew up watching the Electric Company, followed by Fat Albert and, finally, snuggled up on the couch watching NBC in the evenings with The Cosby Show. Mr. Cosby is one of the most influential African-Americans. He is a comedic genius and all-around beloved American Icon. So let's laugh and celebrate with these Bill Cosby quotes.
1. "Women don't want to hear what you think. Women want to hear what they think -- in a deeper voice."
2. "You know the only people who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those who've never had any."
3. "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
4. "Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes."
5. "Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry."
6. "Sigmund Freud once said, "What do women want?" The only thing I have learned in fifty-two years is that women want men to stop asking dumb questions like that."
7. "A new father quickly learns that his child invariably comes to the bathroom at precisely the times when he's in there, as if he needed company. The only way for this father to be certain of bathroom privacy is to shave at the gas station."
8. "Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home."
9. "A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need all the advice."
10. "I am proud to be an American. Because an American can eat anything on the face of this earth as long as he has two pieces of bread."
11. "Like everyone else who makes the mistake of getting older, I begin each day with coffee and obituaries."
12. "No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal."
13. "I am not the boss of my house. I don't know when I lost it. I don't know if I ever had it. But I have seen the boss's job and I do not want it."
14. "The heart of marriage is memories; and if the two of you happen to have the same ones and can savor your reruns, then your marriage is a gift from the gods."
So check out some of those Cosby show reruns on syndication if you never caught his show about family-life. Such an influence on our American society and he does it through laughter. Happy Birthday, we always enjoy some great funny Cosby quotes!
For more funny quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.