Summer is such a celebration of home. The open spaces, the long days, the ticklish grass in full bloom. So there's never a better time to celebrate America. And the land and the freedom we've been blessed with. So check out these 4th of July quotes and start Independence Day off with a blast even before the evening booms!
1. "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." ~Albert Camus
2. "The basis of a democratic state is liberty." ~Aristotle
3. "As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality." ~George Washington
4. "Life without liberty is like a body without spirit." ~Khalil Gibran
5. "Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." ~Benjamin Franklin
6. "Liberty is the possibility of doubting, the possibility of making a mistake, the possibility of searching and experimenting, the possibility of saying No to any authority--literary, artistic, philosophic, religious, social and even political." ~Ignazio Silone
7. "The best way to enhance freedom in other lands is to demonstrate here that our democratic system is worthy of emulation." ~Jimmy Carter
8. "Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. "A country cannot subsist well without liberty, nor liberty without virtue." ~Jean Jacques Rousseau
10. "To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement" ~Thomas Jefferson
11. "The highest patriotism is not a blind acceptance of official policy, but a love of one's country deep enough to call her to a higher plain" ~George McGovern
12. "There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America." ~Barack Obama
Our founding fathers knew America was a special place. And we're mere babes in the world still. But appreciating and embracing our freedoms is what our Independence Day is about! So share these 4th of July quotes and think about all we are blessed with in America.
For more patriotic quotes, check out the popular patriotic quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.