Smile Power Day is always celebrated on June 15. It's a day designed to remind the world... that we maye take ourselves a little too seriously day in and day out. So slap smile on your face as you wander around today. Smile for your family, smile at your coworkers, even a smiling for a stranger has the power to brighten everyone's day. But first check out some inspirational quotes about smiling.
1. "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ~Leo Buscaglia
2. "Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other -- it doesn't matter who it is -- and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other." ~Mother Teresa
3. "If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers." ~Maya Angelou
4. "The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow" ~Thomas Paine
5. "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." ~Greta Garbo
6. "The robb'd that smiles, steals something from the thief." ~William Shakespeare
7. "What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable." ~Joseph Addison
8. "If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work." ~Thich Nhat Hahn
9. "Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world." ~Lawrence G. Lovasik
10. "Smile though your heart is aching. Smile, even though it's breaking. When there are clouds, in the sky, you'll get by... If you smile, through your fear and sorrow... Smile, and there'll be tomorrow" ~Judy Garland
These quotes about smiling have certainly given you something to smile about today! So remember them all day and make the world a happier place today (:
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.