She burst on the scene as a little girl with a big voice extolling dreams of living "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." And that song became her signature for decades of her life. But Judy Garland left her stamp on Hollywood in many feature films. A Star is Born, Meet Me in St. Louis and the animated film, Gay Puree are just a few.
So journey back to some Golden Years in Hollywood and check out these Judy Garland movie quotes.
1. "A place where there isn't any trouble. Do you suppose there is such a place, Toto? There must be. It's not a place you can get to by a boat or a train. It's far, far away. Behind the moon, beyond the rain..." ~The Wizard of Oz
2. "But the main thing is, Tootie, that we're all going to be together, just like we've always been. That's what really counts. We could be happy anywhere as long as we're together." ~Meet Me in St. Louis
3. "You just don't ask a girl to marry you like you're going to the hardware store to buy a coffee grinder. I mean you just don't come up to a girl and say 'The humidity is very high for this time of year will you marry me?'" ~Girl Crazy
4. "Psychologically, I'm very confused, but personally I feel just wonderful." ~In the Good Old Summertime
5. "Well, the record will become number one on the Hit Parade, it'll be played on the jukeboxes all over the country...and I'll be made." ~A Star is Born
6. "Champagne? That must be what they call catnip in Paris. How nice!" ~Gay Puree
7. "Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home. Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all, and - oh, Auntie Em - there's no place like home!" ~The Wizard of Oz
8. "I can't believe it. Right here where we live - right here in St. Louis." ~Meet Me in St. Louis
9. "Well, I - I think that it - it wasn't enough to just want to see Uncle Henry and Auntie Em - and it's that - if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! Is that right?" ~The Wizard of Oz
10. "Next year all our troubles will be miles away. Once again as in olden days, happy golden days of yore. Faithful friends who are dear to us, will be near to us once more." ~Meet Me in St. Louis
I simply loved Dorothy from Kansas and Esther Smith in Meet Me in St. Louis... I'll have to check out some of her other movies. Her voice soothed and mesmerized generations of Americans with the original productions of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". So check out some Golden Age of Hollywood movies and watch a star get born.
Hope you enjoyed these Judy Garland movie quotes and share some of your youth with your children and grandchildren with at least a showing of The Wizard of Oz on a family movie night.
For more quotes related to movies, check out the popular movie quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.