Ready, set... pedicure? Get those amazing appendages in tip-top shape to celebrate National Go Barefoot Day this June 1st. But it's not just a day to celebrate our feet by pampering them.
It's a National Holiday started by Soles4Souls to encourage shoe donations in the United States and start giving men, women and children in need around the world...shoes. "The U.S. government estimates that over 300 million children around the world don't own a single pair of shoes." So check out these quotes about feet, and get your bare feet down to a participating Congregation!
1. "Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Khalil Gibran
2. "The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground." ~Budda
3. "Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." ~Henry David Thoreau
4. "Happiness is a ball after which we run wherever it rolls, and we push it with our feet when it stops." ~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
5. "Think of the magic of that foot, comparatively small, upon which your whole weight rests. It's a miracle, and the dance...is a celebration of that miracle." ~Martha Washington
6. "Progress always involves risk; you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first base." ~Frederick Wilcox
7. "Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground." ~Theodore Roosevelt
8. "You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." ~Franz Kafka
9. "Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?" ~Lily Tomlin
10. "I usually get myself into situations that cause sparks. I mean I'm a girl that likes the storms. I love feeling alive, I love walking out in the cold in my bare feet and feeling the ice on my toes." ~Tori Amos
11. "Stretching his hand up to reach the stars, too often man forgets the flowers at his feet." ~Jeremy Bentham
12. "If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies." ~Nadine Stair
Feel inspired by these quotes about feet? As I wiggle my little toes around staring up at me, I thank them for being so reliable getting me where I need to go. But at the same time I feel guilty for the mounds of shoes growing dust in the back of my closet. So check out Soles4Soles. You'll discover a great place to donate your shoes today!
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.