National Hypertension Day helps the world become aware of the causes and risks to your heart of high blood pressure. High blood pressure is caused by many different factors. Age, gender, obesity, activity level, alcohol, caffeine... all serve up some possible links to high blood pressure. Does your stress level?
Well, while not scientifically documented, stress leads to drinking more coffee to get that big project finished. Or maybe you had a rough week at the office and cut loose with some cocktails on a Friday night. Maybe you just don't feel like working out this week and eat constantly to nurse a broken heart.
These stressful situations may lead to you becoming part of the 1 out of every 3 American adults with high blood pressure. So calm down without the caffeine, alcohol, or fatty foods and try some relaxation quotes instead!
1. "Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are." ~Chinese Proverb
2. "Don't seek, don't search, don't ask, don't knock, don't demand - relax. If you relax, it comes. If you relax, it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it." ~Osho
3. "When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld
4. "Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." Charlie Chaplin
5. "The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." ~Sydney J. Harris
6. "No matter how much pressure you feel at work, if you could find ways to relax for at least five minutes every hour, you'd be more productive." ~Dr. Joyce Brothers
7. "Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer." ~William S. Burroughs
8. "Relieving tensions is closing the eyes and relaxing the jaw. Do not form a picture." ~Anonymous
9. "Sometimes the cure for restlessness is rest." ~Colleen Wainwright
10. "Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials." ~Lynn Yutang
11. "Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency. Nothing is that important." ~Natalie Goldberg
12. "Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." ~Satchel Paige
As a member of the high blood pressure society, and a female approaching 35... hypertension concerns me daily. So relaxation quotes and techniques remain a constant friend to me. After reading these quotes and calming your mind... do me a favor. Go get your blood pressure checked today!
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.