Working as an administrative assistant, professional or secretary always has its ups and downs. You check, triple check, and then edit and re-edit every missive that goes in and out. The phones, the copy machines, and the mailings... no office on the planet could succeed without the efforts of the office staff. And those people deserve thanks.
So celebrate your favorite office worker with some great quotes from the The Office and their sharp and witty Administrative Professional.
1. "There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, 'what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?' He said, 'if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks.'"
2. "I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn't hate me. But Karen knows me and she still hates me, so."
3. "Enjoy this moment, because you're never going to go back to this time before you met your desk-mate Dwight."
4. "Dwight mercy-killed Angela's cat. It's very complicated. It's caused a lot of unpleasantness between Dwight and Angela, who are already prone to unpleasantness."
5. "Michael, 5k means 5 kilometers not 5,000 miles."
6. "About 40 times a year Michael gets really sick but has no symptoms. Dwight is always gravely concerned."
7. "Did I wake up this morning thinking I'd be throwing together a bird funeral? You never can tell what your day here is gonna turn into."
8. "I really like Valentine's Day in this office. It's kind of like grade school; everybody gives out little presents and stuff. Like last year Jim gave me this card with Dwight's head on it was horrifying and funny."
9. "There's nothing better than a beautiful day at the beach filled with sun, surf, and uh, diligent note-taking."
10. "You know what they say about a car-wreck where it's so awful you can't look away? The Dundees are like a car wreck that you have to stare at because your boss is making you."
11. "Sometimes I don't put Michael through until he's already said something. I look at it as a practice run for him. He usually does better on the second attempt."
12. "I worked until about 2:45am and then I had to decide if I wanted to spend the night with Michael editing in his office and Dwight, watching Michael edit in his office or drive home and probably fall asleep at the wheel and die in a fiery car wreck... I passed out on my keyboard trying to decide."
Quotes from The Office probably just point out that Pam Beesley works for the worst boss on the planet. But just think of the woman or man that is helping you succeed in the work place. Or maybe you are a "Pam"... then celebrate yourself today! Administrative Professionals are what keep companies growing and thriving. So make sure you treat him or her right on this special holiday!
For more funny quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.