Did you know there was a husband appreciation day? Me neither. But I did just spend a day poking fun at my dear spouse's expense. So suffice it to say I feel properly chastised when I noticed this holiday approaching! Are you married to a good-humored, wonderful father, and partner-in-life like I am? Let these husband quotes be your guide to appreciating him this week.
1. "A husband is a guy who tells you when you've got on too much lipstick and helps you with your girdle when your hips stick." ~Ogden Nash
2. "It is easier to be a lover than a husband for the simple reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day than to say pretty things from time to time." ~Honore de Balzac
3. "No, I don't understand my husband's theory of relativity, but I know my husband, and I know he can be trusted." ~Elsa Einstein
4. "'The last word' is the most dangerous of infernal machines; and husband and wife should no more fight to get it than they would struggle for the possession of a lighted bomb-shell" ~Douglas Jerrod
5. "A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house" ~Anonymous
6. "Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other -- it doesn't matter who it is -- and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other." ~Mother Teresa
7. "I used to tell my husband that, if he could make me 'understand' something, it would be clear to all the other people in the country." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
8. "That quiet mutual gaze of a trusting husband and wife is like the first moment of rest or refuge from a great weariness or a great danger." ~George Eliot
9. "A fellow ought to save a few of the long evenings he spends with his girl till after they're married." ~Kin Hubbard
10. "Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots." ~Hoosier Farmer
11. "When a wife has a good husband it is easily seen in her face." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
12. "Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave." ~Martin Luther
There you have 12 quotes to remind you that marriage may be a daily struggle. But when you find your perfect match, while marriage may be a stressful ride at times... there's no one else on the planet you'd rather go through it with. Appreciate your spouse this week, and use these quotes about husbands to inspire your romantic side!
For more love quotes, check out the popular love quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.