Maya Angelou has been on the scene for many decades. Beginning in the 1950's as a member of the Harlem Writers Guild and bursting on the literary top seller list with "I Know why the Caged Bird Sings." Angelou's writings are inspirational and a treasured guide for how to live life to it's fullest potential. So check out these Maya Angelou quotes and get out there and celebrate life today!
1. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
2. "I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself."
3. "Love life, engage in it, give it all you've got. love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it"
4. "You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you."
5. "The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart."
6. "See, you don't have to think about doing the right thing if you are for the right thing then you'll do it without thinking."
7. "Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: "I'm with you kid. Let's go.""
8. "I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."
9. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
10. "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
11. "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them."
12. "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
Hope you feel as inspired as I do right now after checking out these Maya Angelou quotes. She's a gift to the literary world. So in celebration of her 82nd birthday check out some more of her writings. You'll love them!
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.