Hans Christian Andersen's April 2nd birth inspired the International Board on Books for Young People to create International Children's Book day to further promote reading by the world's youth. Here are some of my favorite children's book quotes to get you starting sharing the gift of reading with your little ones.
1. "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear." ~Winnie the Pooh
2. "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~Dr. Suess
3. "Molly Lou Melon stood just taller than her dog and was the shortest girl in the first grade. She didn't mind. Her grandma had told her, 'Walk as proudly as you can and the world will look up to you.' So she did." ~Patty Lovell
4. "As you grow and change, some things will stay the same. I'll always love you. I'll always hug you. I'll always be on your side. And I want you to know that . . . just in case you ever wonder." ~Max Lucado
5. "I will not play tug o' war. I'd rather play hug o' war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs, Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug, Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles, and everyone wins." ~Shel Silverstein
6. "What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?" ~Margery Williams
7. "Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were--Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail, and Peter." ~Beatrix Potter
8. "Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all." ~Laura Ingalls Wilder
9. "I don't understand it. But for that matter I don't understand how a spider learned to spin a web in the first place. When the words appeared, everybody said they were a miracle. But nobody pointed out that the web itself is a miracle." ~E.B. White
10. "Then he rustled his feathers, curved his slender neck, and cried joyfully, from the depths of his heart, "I never dreamed of such happiness as this, while I was an ugly duckling." ~Hans Christian Andersen
Hope you enjoyed my favorite children's book quotes. From Winnie the Pooh and Peter Rabbit to the more recently published Molly Lou Melon ... check out these special characters with your children today!
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.