Gloria Steinem was born on March 25, 1934. And women all over the United States were given their greatest ally and motivator. Ms. Steinem never rested once she got cracking. She burst on the scene with her 1963 article of undercover work at the Playboy Club. And the 1985 movie a "Bunny's Tale" is a depiction of her experience.
Ms. Steinem has worked tirelessly for women for nearly 50 years. So what better way to celebrate the birth of a true friend to all women? Well... with some of our favorite Gloria Steinem quotes, of course!
1. "A movement is only composed of people moving. To feel its warmth and motion around us is the A movement is only composed of people moving. To feel its warmth and motion around us is the end as well as the means. end as well as the means."
2. "Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
3. "From pacifist to terrorist, each person condemns violence - and then adds one cherished case in which it may be justified."
4. "Happy or unhappy, families are all mysterious. We have only to imagine how differently we would be described - and will be, after our deaths - by each of the family members who believe they know us."
5. "Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry."
6. "I've yet to be on a campus where most women weren't worrying about some aspect of combining marriage, children, and a career. I've yet to find one where many men were worrying about the same thing."
7. "We need to remember across generations that there is as much to learn as there is to teach."
8. "We've begun to raise daughters more like sons... but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters."
9. "Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else."
10. "Self-esteem isn't everything; it's just that there's nothing without it"
11. "Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning."
12. "The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn but to unlearn."
Our daughters, mothers and sisters all have Ms. Steinem to thank. Whether it was through her work with Ms. magazine, items about her in the news raising awareness of women's struggles, or her constant speaking out against injustice and adversity in the work place.... she had our collective "backs." So, these let Gloria Steinem quotes get you out there and fighting for our fellow ladies as well!
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.