I come from America. But I descend from "Little Ireland" on the Southside of Chicago, IL. But whether you reside in Ireland or are Irish by blood... St. Patrick's Day is a celebration. So throw on some green, cook up some corned beef and cabbage with a side of homemade Irish soda bread. There's no escaping the contagious spirit of St. Patty's Day. And toast your friends with some Irish sayings or blessings!
1. "May the enemies of Ireland never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching."
2. "A toast to your coffin. May it be made of 100 year old oak. And may we plant the tree together, tomorrow."
3. "Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter. Lullabies, dreams and love ever after. Poems and songs with pipes and drums. A thousand welcomes when anyone comes... That's the Irish for you!"
4. "You'll never plow a field by turning it over in your mind"
5. "Here's to me, and here's to you. And here's to love and laughter. I'll be true as long as you. And not one moment after."
6. "May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends gathered below never fall out."
7. "The longest road out is the shortest road home"
8. "May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long."
9. "If you're lucky enough to be Irish, then you're lucky enough."
10. "It is easy to be pleasant when life flows by like a song, but the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong. For the test of the heart is trouble, and it always comes with years, and the smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through the tears."
11. "Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth."
12. "There is no fool who has not his own kind of sense."
13. "If you come up in this world be sure not to go down in the next."
14. "A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life."
15. "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your father was."
Go ahead... choose your favorite of these 15 Irish sayings for a toast this week. And Erin Go Bragh! Your Irish eyes will be smiling on March 17th.
For more famous quotes, check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.