I know, I know. Most parents think, "National Kid Day"? Isn't every day "Kid Day"? Not really. Absolutely Incredible Kid Day on March 15, 2010 is a special holiday. Whether it's your own child or grandchild, or just a really neat kid you've had the pleasure to meet. This holiday is for them. Tell them what makes them incredible.
Campfire USA started this holiday in 1996, and suggests you write a letter to your incredible kid. I know what my homework is... right after I get these quotes about kids out there to inspire you.
1. "Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression." ~Dr. Haim Ginott
2. "Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they're looking for ideas." ~Paula Poundstone
3. "Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them." ~Richard L. Evans
4. "The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him." ~Pablo Casais
5. "Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve." ~Roger Lewin
6. "What feeling is so nice as a child's hand in yours? So small, so soft and warm, like a kitten huddling in the shelter of your clasp." ~Marjorie Holmes
7. "Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be." ~Shel Silverstein
8. "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo PIcasso
9. "You will always be your child's favorite toy." ~Vicki Lansky
10. "We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today." ~Stacia Tauscher
11. "Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music." ~William Stafford
12. "A child seldom needs a good talking to as a good listening to." ~Robert Brault
I can't wait to celebrate this holiday with my own outstanding, super fantastic, absolutely incredible kids this week. In light of these quotes about kids, enjoy the week admiring all the children around you. They really are pretty neat little people!
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.