James Taylor has the ability to sing a song and make you feel like he's singing directly into your soul. The passion and love resonate in his lyrics, and you feel calm and reflective after listening. This is the kind of music that transcends time and popularity. So here are my favorite James Taylor song quotes.
1. "I've seen fire and I've seen rain, I've seen sunny days I thought would never end, I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought I'd see you again."
2. "People can be so cold, they will hurt you, and desert you, they will take your soul if you let them, so don't you let them."
3. "In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina. Can't you see the sunshine?"
4. "Better to shower the people you love with love. Show them the way that you feel. Things are gonna be just fine if you only will."
5. "She has the power to go where no one else can find me. And to silently remind me...of the happiness and the good times that I know, got to know."
6. "Close your eyes and think of me. And soon I will be there. To brighten up even your darkest nights. You just call out my name."
7. "Oh, Mexico. It sounds so sweet with the sun sinking low. Moon's so bright like to light up the night. Make everything all right."
8. "There's a song that they sing when they take to the highway. A song that they sing when they take to the sea. A song that they sing of their home in the sky. Maybe you can believe it if it helps you to sleep. But singing works just fine for me."
9. "Build me a boat. That can carry two. And both shall row. My love and I"
10. "Say it's only a paper moon. Sailing over a cardboard sea. But it wouldn't be make believe, if you believed in me."
11. "I needed the shelter of someone's arms, there you were. I needed someone to understand my ups and downs, there you were."
12. "There's something in the way she moves, or looks my way, or calls my name, that seems to leave this troubled world behind."
If you are unfamiliar with these James Taylor song quotes, what are you waiting for? Check him out. His relaxing, soothing style resonates 30 years after he came on the music scene.
For more quotes related to music and musicians, check out the popular music quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.