Congratulations to the Miss Piggies and Wilbur's of the world. National Pig Day started on March 1, 1972. An art teacher in Lubbock, TX realized the importance and appeal of the beloved animal. Sometimes pigs garner a poor reputation. This is completely unfair. Especially, considering the sheer number of esteemed carnivores out there munching on their morning bacon. So here's our nod to this quality animal with pig quotes to inspire pig lovers everywhere.
1. "Think P.I.G. - that's my motto. P stands for Persistence, I stands for Integrity, and G stands for Guts. These are the ingredients for a successful business and a successful life." ~Linda Chandler
2. "The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed." ~Martina Navratilova
3. "Asking a critic to name his favorite book is like asking a butcher to name his favorite pig." ~John McCarthy
4. "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." ~Robert Heinlein
5. "A peasant becomes fond of his pig and is glad to salt away its pork. What is significant, and is so difficult for the urban stranger to understand, is that the two statements are connected by an and not by a but." ~John Berger
6. "Well-being and happiness never appeared to me as an absolute aim. I am even inclined to compare such moral aims to the ambitions of a pig." ~Albert Einstein
7. "In each human heart are a tiger, a pig, an ass and a nightingale. Diversity of character is due to their unequal activity." ~Ambrose Bierce
8. "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig, you get dirty; and besides, the pig likes it." ~George Bernard Shaw
9. "These are bagpipes. I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made sound never equaled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig." ~Alfred Hitchcock
10. "Nobody creates a fad. It just happens. People love going along with the idea of a beautiful pig. It's like a conspiracy." ~Jim Henson
11. "Even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in awhile" ~Proverb
12. "I only distribute pigs to early risers, and Fern was up at daylight trying to rid the world of injustice." ~Charlotte's Web
So go ahead, rush to a local farm and hug a pig today, or maybe have a little pork tonight for dinner in honor of National Pig Day. These succulent pig quotes should get you on your way to a happy celebration!
For more famous quotes, check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.