Did you know that Love your Pet Day is upon us? Me neither, but I love the idea. My precious dog has been with us for 11 years now. With all the love, built in security and constant companionship he has delivered... I say he certainly deserves a little bit of extra attention. And maybe a little extra rawhide type treat! Check out these pet quotes and get inspired to run to the local pet shop.
1. "I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." ~Jean Cocteau
2. "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." ~John Billings
3. "You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" ~Dave Barry
4. "If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." ~Alfred North Whitehead
5. "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace." ~Milan Kundera
6. "It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?" ~Eleanor H. Porter
7. "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." ~Gilda Radner
8. "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." ~Mark Twain
9. "The difference between friends and pets is that friends we allow into our company, pets we allow into our solitude." ~Robert Brault
10. "You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." ~Robert Louis Stevenson
11. "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~Ben Williams
12. "If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience. " ~Woodrow Wilson
13. "All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." ~Samuel Butler
14. "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." ~M. Facklam
So there you have it! Have I convinced you to find yourself some canine, feline or even equine companionship? Or did these pet quotes make you realize you have some thanking to do? Either way love your pet a little more this February 20th.
For more famous quotes, check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.